The newly renovated White Rock Lake Dog Park officially reopened Saturday, June 6, 2015. The 3-acre "off-leash" dog park, is located on the northwest side of White Rock Lake Park at the intersection of Mockingbird Lane and W. Lawther Drive. This doggy paradise boasts great views of the lake, trail, and wildflower areas. You and your pet will enjoy the wide variety of big and small K-9's that frequent this park, and most importantly you're only steps away from hiking, jogging, cycling, or boating around Dallas' largest lake.
The dog park is closed on rain days and on Mondays for maintenance.
- Large Dog Paddock Increased from 1.5 acres to 2 acres
- Small Dog Paddock Increased from 0.5 acres to 1 acres
- Pavilion with Lighting & Electrical Outlets for Events
- Shade Structures in Dog Paddocks
- Information Kiosk
- Dog (Launch) Water Access & Overlook
- Lighting in Dog Paddocks Parking Lot
- 6’ Tall Ornamental Fencing with Mow Strip
- Gated Entries to Dog Paddocks & Dog Launch
- Drinking Fountains
- Dog Washes (Pet Comfort Stations)
- Pet Waste Stations
- Trash Receptacles
- Concrete Sidewalks
- Grading & Drainage System
- Irrigation System
- 45 New Trees
- Addition of Gravel & regarding of Gravel Parking Lot
Fun fact: Mockingbird Point was the first dog park in the Dallas Park and Recreation System.