September is National Preparedness Month.
Disasters don’t plan ahead, but you can! The Dallas Park and Recreation
Department encourages you to take the following steps to make sure you, your
family, and your neighbors are ready.
1. Create an emergency plan. Put together a
plan with your family and your neighbors by discussing these questions.
- How will you receive emergency alerts and warnings?
- What is your shelter plan?
- What is your evacuation route?
- What is your communication plan?
2. Consider the specific needs of your family
and your neighbors. Does anyone have special dietary and/or medical needs? What
will you do with your pets? Are there people in your neighborhood with
3. Review your emergency plan with your family
and share it with your neighbors on Nextdoor
4. Practice your plan with your family and
You can find more resources here: https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan.